Sunday 21 October 2012

Day 1 Howgills


We left home near Carmarthen just after 0900 and headed up through Mid Wales and near Chester joined the motorways heading north. Usually we try to have a short walk to stretch the legs when our destination is near and today was no exception.

Most people know Tebay as a convenient service station on the M6, but we turned off here to park in the village of Tebay. 

Here is the route 

This walk was not a good omen for me as I forgot to take my camera and phone.  I had also forgotten to replace the footbeds in my boots and thought I had left my poles behind!

Never mind, it was only to be a short walk but this was the first time I had put a foot on the Howgills.  The views over the route of the M6 and the far eastern Lake District Fells and into the lesser known Borrowdale were a good introduction to our week to come..

Back at the car I was pleased to find that all my missing items were in place and we set off for the rest of our journey to Keskadale Farm and our cottage for the week.

Mrs Navigators stew was demolished in three helpings each!

1 comment: