Monday 17 March 2014

Llangadog to Llandovery

With The Navigator sunning himself in Mallorca I had to guide myself.

Thankfully I was in the capable hands of Mr Alan Richards and his excellent book, Great Walks in Carmarthenshire Vol 1 and the linear walk from Llangadog to Llandovery via Myddai.

Route

I parked in Llandovery, £1.50 all day and caught the bus to Llangadog and then followed the guide book. His directions are always spot on and an OS map could be left at home, but you won't!

I met a number of farmers who were happy to chat despite this being a hectic time for them seeing to the lambing.

The walk included footpaths, bridal ways, green and sunken lanes and paths through woods, nice and varied.

Pictures follow.

Looking back to Llangadog

Busy time




Remains of Sardis Chapel

Bannau Sir Gar in the distance


Closed Mondays!


Loads of fungi on waste sawdust

Disappointed sheep as I was not carrying feed

Looking down to LLandovery

Racial harmony


Llewelyn ap Grufudd ap Fychan


Yet again a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment